Are you getting ready for the big day??
Since I can't run the Thanksgiving Day Race this year I thought I would post a couple workout options for the big Turkey Day!
I know I am going to splurge on Thursday and I want to be able to enjoy myself without thinking I'm eating too much. I cant wait to eat my favorite broccoli casserole that my mother in law makes!
Here are some workout options:
Hopefully you will get your workout on!
I found this great recipe that I want to make soon. Hope you all will try it too!
Baked Oatmeal Cups
Makes about 8- 9 oatmeal cups
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of milk of choice
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 2 TBSP of ground flax-seed meal
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 3 TBSP of brown sugar
- 1 small apple, cored, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients (oats, flax-seed meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and brown sugar and nuts if desired). Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine all wet ingredients (milk, egg white, vanilla and applesauce) and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add batter to muffin about 2/3 full (batter won’t rise very much when cooking)
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.