Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Turkay Day Workouts

Are you getting ready for the big day??
Since I can't run the Thanksgiving Day Race this year I thought I would post a couple workout options for the big Turkey Day!

I know I am going to splurge on Thursday and I want to be able to enjoy myself without thinking I'm eating too much. I cant wait to eat my favorite broccoli casserole that my mother in law makes!

Here are some workout options:

46373071133845458_hUUrN7eI_c


Pinned Image

Hopefully you will get your workout on!


I found this great recipe that I want to make soon. Hope you all will try it too!


Baked Oatmeal Cups
Makes about 8- 9 oatmeal cups
Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/4 tsp of vanilla
  • 1/2 cup of milk of choice
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 cup of rolled oats
  • 2 TBSP of ground flax-seed meal
  • 1/2 tsp of baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
  • 3 TBSP of brown sugar
  • 1 small apple, cored, peeled and chopped
  • 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350F
  2. In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients (oats, flax-seed meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and brown sugar and nuts if desired). Set aside.
  3. In another medium bowl, combine all wet ingredients (milk, egg white, vanilla and applesauce) and mix well.
  4. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
  5. Add batter to muffin about 2/3 full (batter won’t rise very much when cooking)
  6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy warm immediately or all to cool and store in an airtight container and reheat in the microwave the next morning!

 Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment