Monday, November 19, 2012

Feel the Burn- and Decorating Time!

This morning's breakfast was oatmeal. It was delicious! It was plain oatmeal with almond slices, blueberries, and of course some peanut butter on the side!
My oatmeal pictures don't really look that appealing. I'll have to work on that. But it was good! 
 Today I have my fit test with the trainer at the gym by my house. I go back to her every three months just to see my progress.  The gym is only 2 minutes away so I have no excuse to go.

After my fit test I had my preworkout drink and a banana so I wouldn't crash at the gym

I work out with my sister on my off days at urban active which is now called LA Fitness. This is us!
 
Today we are doing biceps! My favorite.


Bicep workout:

Alternating curls 3 sets of 10- super set with push ups
Seated Curl 4 sets: 25,20,20,15
 
Super set with alternating arm curl on cable machine- 3 sets of 10
Hanging Curls 3 sets of 10
 
 
 Alternating Hammer Curls 3 sets of 10 each arm
 
 
21's- watch this video to learn how to do 21's- 2 Sets
 
Boy were my arms burning today.
 
After the gym I drank my protein shake by Beverly International.
 
I also bought a new chap stick at ULTA because my dog Lily ate my last one! These are great.
 
 
My friend Jenny recently told me about tan towels which I had never heard of. I told her I was going to embrace my paleness this winter. But they had them at Ulta.
 
ULTA
Pretty cool. I might try them.
 
 
Back at my sisters house "the boys"- Knuckles and Kane were waiting on us.
Such good boys!
Knuckles on Left/Kane on Right
 
On my way home I stopped at Kroger for a few things. I couldn't pass up the cupcakes! They were right there when I walked in. I didn't buy any but they looked pretty.
 
 
 
 
Photo
 
For lunch I made scrambled eggs with veggies, cucumbers and carrots with hummus and a piece of whole wheat toast.
 
 
I was still a kind of hungry so I had some granola.
 
 
This stuff is awesome. I got it at Whole Foods.
 
I'm going to start decorating for Christmas today.
My mom bought me a couple new things at Hallmark. She is awesome
 
 
 
And my favorite decoration every year:
 
 
During my decorating I got a little hungry so I had some Greek yogurt (the apricot mango is my new favorite) and a handful of trail mix which included dried blueberries almonds and walnuts.
 
 
 
Skillet Sweet Potato, Sausage, and Spinach Hash
Ingredients:
2 small to medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (or one large)
1 apple, peeled cored and diced
2 tablespoon coconut oil, divided
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
2 Mild Italian chicken sausages, removed from casing
2 to 3 large cups of baby spinach
1/3 cup sweet yellow onion, diced
salt and pepper to taste

 

Instructions:
In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil over medium-high heat. Once heated, add diced sweet potatoes and apples. Add a pinch or two of sea salt and cinnamon to the pan. Cook sweet potatoes and apples until cooked and softened. I prefer my sweet potatoes to be slightly browned.

While the sweet potatoes are cooking, heat a large skillet with 1 tablespoon coconut oil over medium heat. Add to skillet the chicken (or pork) sausage and onion making sure to break the sausage up in small pieces while it cooks.
Once the chicken is no longer pink in color and completely cooked add spinach to the skillet. Don’t worry the spinach will wilt down when cooked. The spinach should wilt down within 1 to 2 minutes. Once spinach is cooked add the sweet potato apple mixture to pan and stir to combine all.

 
This is one of my new staple dinners. It's so easy and tastes so good. I love sweet potatoes and cinnamon. I added more cinnamon and more meat than the recipe called for.
 
I added a side of roasted Brussel sprouts too.
 
 
After dinner I had some green tea. Here are some benefits of drinking green tea.
People may drink it for weight loss, to boost their metabolism, etc. I really do like the flavor of it though.
 
 
Questions:
 
What's your favorite healthy snack?? And do you enjoy Christmas decoring like me??
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment